Design Manager – Data Centre
Design Manager – London
I am currently working in partnership with an International Consultancy who are looking to appoint a Design Manager into their expanding London City office.
Having opened their first office over 10 years ago they are now located throughout the UK, UAE, Europe and Asia whilst employing 200 engineers. The plan for them is to continue their growth in these current offices whilst opening several other offices throughout America and Australia.
Project wise the London office is involved in a lot of Data Centre and Commercial projects throughout the UK and Europe. On top of this they also work on projects within the High Rise, Leisure, Healthcare, Aviation and Retail sectors across the globe.
As a Design Manager you will initially be involved in a large scale Data Centre in Europe where you will be coordinating between the internal and external project teams and the client.
Responsibilities will include:
• Carry out cost and profit diagnosis on projects including feasibility studies and preparation of fee bids
• Review status advised by project personnel and external parties and modifies schedules or plans as required. Prepares project reports for Management, Client or others
• Day to day decision making on project progress and direct liaison with, and provides advice to client
• Capture a project brief and distil into design
• Manage project requirements to present progress and manage the acquisition of design information
• Collaborate with and coach the design team through the design stage on the basis that the design team are the experts and put forward recommended solutions that localise the clients design principles to the subject sites
• Maintain clear and accurate records and reports
• Lead, mentor and develop the team to achieve project and business goals
• Identify and address performance issues before the client raises them
• Quickly understand clients process and develop supporting tools
• Work autonomously, as part of a wider team and leading a team
• Actively participate in new growth initiatives internal and external and to contribute to the development of internal systems and procedures
• Manage project P&L spot and report issues as they arise
My client’s business model allows their staff to commit their expertise to their projects without getting bogged down in general management activities and unnecessary paperwork which allows their engineers to do what they do best, design and deliver.
They have won several awards throughout the industry, not just for projects but also for their people which shows their dedication to providing the best work / life balance and the best resources available.
In return my client is able to offer an impressive salary with a good bonus scheme, the option to become a share holder and the platform to be a driving factor behind a very impressive organisation.
For more info, please contact me on 07711 370552 or mjones[email protected]