DESIGN MANAGER WITH INDUSTRIAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED TO WORK WITH A MAIN CONTRACTOR ON A TEMPORARY OR PERMANENT BASIS IN DERBYSHIRE
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Design Manager to move to the next level in their career and showcase their skills and knowledge working with an established contractor on an Industrial project.
As a Design Manager, you will be required to have experience working on projects from inception to completion. You will use your knowledge as a Design Manager to ensure the project is completed to the correct specifications.
Start date: This role is immediately available
Duration: Permanent or temporary
Salary: Permanent: £50,000 – £70,000 per annum + car allowance + package Temporary: Negotiable
- Manage the production of the Contractors Proposals, ensuring they are complete and unambiguous
- Produce and negotiate the project specific designer agreements scope of works and the design management plan, ensuring they are agreed and fully understood by all parties
- Ensure the design has been reviewed on all projects with respect to mitigating Health and Safety issues prior to construction and ensure that hazards are noted on all drawings at each stage of their production
- With all relevant parties, produce and manage a realistic design programme and information required schedule to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements
- Provide input into the design team PDR's
- Support the implementation of Continuous Improvement programmes and innovation
- Experience working on structural steel projects
- AutoCAD experience desirable
- Experience with Commercial and high rise projects
- Experience in projects from inception to completion
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of modern methods of construction
- Construction qualifications desirable (RIBA, Meng, RICS etc.)
- Strong commercial and communication skills; liaising with clients, consultants and various pre-construction & construction teams
If you are interested in this position, please apply with a copy of your updated CV.