Design Manager – Main Contractor – Essex
60k + Car allowance + Pension + Healthcare + Life Insurance
Our client is currently looking for a well-rounded Design Manager to join their design team in Essex. This main contractor is looking for someone who can manage the overall design from tender stage through to completion and to keep on track of development and delivery of each project.
Their project varies from £1million up to £10million across multiple sectors including residential, commercial and education. They have grown to become prestigious Main Contractor with excellent pipeline of work across private and public sector.
They offer Design Manager excellent training and development to upskill and progress their career. They have great fun and family feel culture.
I am ideally looking for someone with good experience working on healthcare projects with a main contractor, who has been site based focused on delivery.
Overview of responsibilities:
- Have a sound understanding of the design process across all disciplines and manage interfaces and sequencing of design.
- Managing the design process, with a high focus on buildability and efficiency, to ensure the optimum solution is arrived at.
- Prepare and manage a detailed design and procurement programme considering all of the design interdependencies prevalent on large scale construction projects and linked to construction activities.
- Monitor and report on the design programme on a regular basis.
- Prepare, monitor and maintain a detailed Information Release Schedule which is backed by the design, procurement and construction programmes.
- Chair and minute regular design and technical meetings to ensure the design is developed in accordance with budget, programme and technical constraints.
- Challenge the design of external consultants to ensure best value.
- Examine all design information for compliance with commercial constraints, liaise with Commercial team where required.
- Identify and manage design associated risks.
- Identify Value Engineering opportunities and innovative alternative methods of construction.
- Investigate and analyse alternative specifications to ensure compliance and equivalency with Contract Requirements.
- Manage design change control process.
- Manage RFI process.
- Manage flow of design information and give direction to the Project Admin / Document Controller.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Construction related degree, ideally within design management (HNC / HND minimum).
- Design management experience with Main Contractor
- Good commercial and technical awareness within building technology and regulations
If you are interested in this exceptional opportunity, please call me for a confidential discussion on 07485308791 or email your details to [email protected]