Design Manager – Main Contractor – Bristol
65k plus competitive package
This main contractor is looking for either strong Design Manager who can Lead, manage and support all pre and post contract design activities associated with bidding, procurement, construction and defects.
This project is a £50million new build residential development based in Bristol.
A unique opportunity to join one of the UK’s fastest-growing construction companies, who work on exciting and challenging projects across variety of sectors with great reputation for delivering results. This contractor utilises modern methods of construction working on commercial, education, and residential projects in across the UK.
They offer Design Managers excellent training and development to upskill and progress their career.
Overview of role
- Deliver all aspects of Design Management function on multiple projects.
- Make and implement design decisions associated with cost, buildability, value engineering and delivery.
- Manage all associated scoping documents to ensure conformity with projects ER’s and package requirements.
- Chair all design team meetings / design workshops / CDP and attend associated clients meeting
- Delivery design presentations attend mid-tender interviews where required
- Undertake design audits on tender projects including reviews of ER’s
- Utilise BIM throughout the process and drive the use of BIM throughout the business
- Develop contractor proposals documents for pre-construction activities
- Assist in developing design procedures
- Interface with Sterling BIM team
- Deliver timely, cost effective services to the project and delivery team
- Manage / implement and deliver all requirements of the quality and BIM procedures
- Challenge all designs to deliver effective solutions relating to cost, buildability, value engineering and delivery
- Ensure contractual responsibilities are met.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Main contractor experience is essential
- Experience across variety of sectors
- Ability to lead, chair and influence multi party teams and stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills including, communication and team building
- Full working knowledge of Traditional and Modern Methods of Construction (MMC)
- Technical skills and the ability to use design and project management software
- Problem solving skills and creative thinking
- Attention to detail, Organisation and time management
- Commercial awareness
- Teamworking, relationship-building and influencing skills
- Client management skills
If you are interested in this exceptional opportunity, please call me for a confidential discussion on 07485308791 or email your details to [email protected]