Design Manager – East Midlands – Competitive Salary and Package
Skilled Careers are currently looking for a Design Manager to cover the East Midlands for a well known family run construction company. As the company has grown over the years they pride theirselves in working together as a team.
Our client is looking for someone with previous experience in HMP projects or education or Office projects due to the nature of the projects the Design Manager would be looking after. This role is initally freelance and is negiotable on rate, due to the urgency of the role but could also be a permanent role.
- Manage the production of the Contractors Proposals, ensuring they are complete and unambiguous
- Produce and negotiate the project specific designer agreements scope of works and the design management plan, ensuring they are agreed and fully understood by all parties
- Ensure the design has been reviewed on all projects with respect to mitigating Health and Safety issues prior to construction and ensure that hazards are noted on all drawings at each stage of their production
- With all relevant parties, produce and manage a realistic design programme and information required schedule to satisfy design, procurement and construction requirements
- Provide input into the design team PDR's
- Support the implementation of Continuous Improvement programmes and innovation
- Experience working on structural steel project
- Experience managing a team
Qualifications and experience:
- Experience in managing a Design team, leading multiple projects from conception to completion across varied sectors
- Thorough knowledge of all aspects of modern methods of construction
- Construction qualifications desirable (RIBA, Meng, RICS etc.)
- Strong commercial and communication skills; liaising with clients, consultants and various pre-construction & construction teams
- AutoCAD experience desirable
- Previous Design management experience on either Education projects/HMP projects/Office Projects.
If you are interested in the role, please contact Beth Goddard at Skilled Careers on 07485308840 and send through your cv to [email protected]