60-68k + Pension + Healthcare
I am currently working with a Main Contractor that are looking for a Design Manager for an office based role to look after 2 live projects, one of £38 Million whcih is a 200 unit Residential Scheme and the other being £40 Million 250 unit Residential scheme. The company have been in the UK for 25 Years but have grown to a turnover of £120 Million in that time. They are very technology focused with BIM being at the forefront of their projects and work in a completely different way to other Main contractors making this a very unique and exciting opportunity for anyone joining the business. The ideal candidate will have experience as a Design Manger working on residential schemes, liasing with clients and consultants to produce High quality results in accordance with the companies high standards.
- Produce coordinated design in line with the agreed programme
- Develop and review the supply chain to provide consistent design response
- Assist in developing the design process
- Ensure that the BIM models are developed in line with all the companies protocols
- Deliver all aspects of Design Management function on multiple projects.
- Make and implement design decisions associated with cost, buildability, value engineering and delivery.
- Manage all associated scoping documents to ensure conformity with projects ER’s and package requirements.
- Chair all design team meetings / design workshops / CDP and attend associated clients meeting
- Delivery design presentations attend mid-tender interviews where required
- Undertake design audits on tender projects including reviews of ER’s
- Utilise BIM throughout the process and drive the use of BIM throughout the business
- Develop contractor proposals documents for pre-construction activities
- Assist in developing design procedures within the company
- Interface with the BIM team overseas
- Deliver timely, cost effective services to the project and delivery team
- Manage / implement and deliver all requirements of the quality and BIM procedures
- Challenge all designs to deliver effective solutions relating to cost, buildability, value engineering and delivery
- Ensure contractual responsibilities are met by Mid, the professional consultant and CDP
If you are interested in this unique opportunity, please contact [email protected]