Design Coordinator – Main Contractor
45-55K + Package
A unique opportunity to join a growing Main Contractor in Central London, who work on exciting and challenging projects across variety of sectors with great reputation for delivering results
This main contractor is looking for Design Coordinator to support Design Manager on multiple modular projects in London.
This technology focused contractor utilises modern methods of construction working on framework projects, such as Schools, Healthcare and MOD’s.
They have turnover of £130million and grown to become a leading Specialist Modular Main Contractor with excellent pipeline of work.
You will assist the Design Manager and other team members in the following:
- Undertaking reviews of the design, procurement and construction information to ensure compliance with project documentation, client’s output specifications, contract proposals submission and statutory requirements
- Assisting and reviewing tender documentation and supporting in the preparation of all required documentation for Invitations to Tender Preparing the design programme and ensuring the drop deadline dates are met.
- Reviewing and approving of consultant’s design and sub-contractor’s drawings to ensure coordination among various trades
- Preparing information for Client RDD (Reviewable Design Data) meetings
- Supporting on Planning, Building Control, NHBC submissions and liaising with statutory bodies
- Assisting with appointment of consultants and preparation of consultants’ valuation and payment
- Responsible for ensuring compliance of all necessary Environmental Certifications i.e., BREEAM / DREAM /Passivhaus
- Review and coordination of BIM model with consultants and our factory
- Preparing monthly reports and reporting to Design Manager and Design director.
- Managing the flow of design information and document control
- Supporting the procurement and commercial teams
- Responsible for the coordination and management of H&S files, O&M manuals.
- Preparing and maintaining all Design trackers
- Conducting Site visits and report back to Design Manager
Skills & Experience:
- Have a technical / design background with experience with main contractor or architectural practice
- Architectural Technologist background preferred
- Construction related degree with relevant experience (Architecture, Structural & Civil etc)
- Demonstrated track record of managing time, cost and design coordination successfully
- Strong working knowledge of Revit and AutoCAD
- Have a good understanding of CDM 2015
If this is something you would like to hear more about please call me on 07485308791 or email me [email protected]