Design Coordinator – Main Contractor – London
45k – 55K + Competitive Package
A unique opportunity to join a growing Main Contractor, who work on exciting and challenging projects across variety of sectors with great reputation for delivering results.
This main contractor is looking for Design Coordinator to support Design Manager working on 79-unit new build scheme in London. This is build to rent development across 5 storey blocks and need a good coordinator to help complete the project.
This sustainability focused contractor utilises modern methods of construction working on commercial, education, healthcare and residential projects. They are committed to using ‘smart’ strategies to help businesses implement new processes for a secure and sustainable future.
Overview of role
• Control the design process, from planning application through to project completion ensuring information is up to date and issued as per programme.
• Ensure consultants prepare detailed design in accordance with Employers Requirement to produce robust set of Contractors Proposals.
• Coordinate the design development process ensuring value engineering and buildability are considered and applied.
• Support the production of design packages for procurement.
• Provide support with warranty providers i.e. NHBC, Building Regulation Application.
• Coordinate the preparation and distribution of the Health and Safety File/Operating and Maintenance Manuals for approval.
• Ensure timely completion and issue of technical assessments, CfSH/BREEAM information, warranties, certificates and the like.
• Assist in ensuring the project is developed to the BIM policy and standards
• Ensure internal technical standards and procedures are adhered to i.e BEP,IMS, etc.
• Ensure effective coordination of information and provide guidance in the design process to guarantee the information is accurate, complete and in line with the agreed brief, specification and cost plan
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Main contractor experience is essential.
- Ability to sometimes lead, chair and influence multi party teams and stakeholders
- Good interpersonal skills including, communication and team building
- Understanding of Traditional and Modern Methods of Construction (MMC)
- Technical skills and the ability to use design and project management software
- Problem solving skills and creative thinking
- Attention to detail.
- Organisation and time management
- Commercial awareness
- Teamworking, relationship-building skills
- Understanding of client management skills
If you are interested in this exceptional opportunity, please call me for a confidential discussion on 07485308791 or email your details to [email protected]