Design Coordinator – Main Contactor – Kent
£40,000 – £50,000 base salary + plus 4.5k car + Pension +Healthcare + Life Assurance
Our client is looking for a Design coordinator to help assist the Design Manager in coordinating the consultant team in the development of the design, ensuring the design is fully coordinated. A unique opportunity to join a well established Main Contractor, who work on exciting and challenging residential projects with great reputation for delivering results.
There are two residential projects that the design coordinator is expected to work on: one based in Central London, and another based in South East London.
They started off, 51 years ago, as a joinery company then moved into the regeneration market and 30 years ago, they set up a New Build construction division. They have great family values and have a strong ethos on development from within. Overall, a superb company to work for.
Overview of role
- Assist team in management and compilation of the overall project
- Along with the Senior Design Manager develop, control and manage the project specific Design Programme which is part of broader Master Delivery Programme
- Manage and coordinate external consultants in their day to day duties related to design, coordination and technical aspects of production information and to ensure delivery within the constraints of time, quality, budget and technical requirements
- Organise and manage weekly, fortnightly or monthly technical coordination workshops, Package Reviews and Design Team Meetings
- Ensure translation of the planning scheme into an efficient and workable commercial solution
- Oversee document control with regards to registration and distribution of design and technical information
- Liaise with key personnel within the project team in preparation of project costing and design works
- Co-ordinate all technical information from start to completion of project. Work with Senior Design Manager to submit, manage and present the sign off of specific design issues and samples/mock-ups to the right project team
- Manage and drive external consultants in the preparation and issue of production information to an agreed programme
- Review ER technical specifications
- Keep the Senior Design Manager appraised of all design and technical issues arising which may influence productivity and progress
- Constantly monitor all production information and consultant activities against budgetary allowances and report any variances
- Ensure all statutory enquiries, crossovers, sewer connections etc., are submitted and pursued for their timely return
- Monitor and control all production information in close liaison with the project surveyor to ensure cost controls are kept and information produced is in line with the budget
- Ensure that the drive for world class Health and Safety is delivered in all aspects of your work
- Ensure that all aspects of the building design are fully coordinated including but not restricted to, structures, M&E, façades, internal specification, service strategies, maintenance strategies etc.
- Monitor changes from Client, design consultants, subcontractors and proposed changes by construction team
- Manage the RFI and distribute to the relevant parties
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Architectural qualification (or equivalent design, technical and/or construction based qualification)
- Main contractor or developer experience is essential
- Good co-ordination experience working on residential RC Frame projects.
- Good understanding of building regulations
- Confident, organised and diligent individual who enjoys working on site.
If you are interested in this exceptional opportunity, please call me for a confidential discussion on 07485308791 or email your details to [email protected]