We have an exciting opportunity for a Civil Engineer to join a tier 1 civil and structural design consultancy based in London. They are looking for highly motivated young professionals who are committed to addressing some of the world increasing concerns related to flood risk and climate change.
As Civil Engineers the consultancy like to make a difference and engage in the production of creative designs for the implementation of Sustainable Drainage Systems in all of their projects, focusing on site-specific conditions to deliver the right solution for each site.
About the role
- You will have the opportunity of getting involved in a wide variety of projects for different sectors, ranging from small refurbishments to large residential and commercial schemes.
- Work closely with clients and relevant approval bodies to support planning applications.
- Produce flood risk assessments and site-wide drainage strategies, showing compliance with national and local guidance.
- Produce detailed drainage designs up to construction, undertaking site visits and supporting the contractor during this stage for the correct implementation of the drainage design onsite.
- BEng, BSc, MEng, MSc in Civil Engineering, or equivalent subject
- 2-4yrs drainage design experience
- Good use of MicroDrainage and Civils 3D (advantageous)
- Knowledge of S278, S38, and S106
- Working towards chartership
- willingness to take ownership of their projects and engage with the design team, from project conception to completion on site.
- £32000 – £35000 per annum (depending on experience)
- Annual Bonus
- Professional memberships paid
- Death in Service
- Flexible working