Civil Engineer – Surrey
A Civil Engineer with 2-4yrs experience is sought after by a transportation and civil consultancy based in Surrey. This is an opportunity for a Civil Engineer with a drainage design, flood risk, or SuDS background who is looking for a new challenge and wanting to develop their career further.
As a Civil Engineer you will be working for a practice who provide a personal, professional service dedicated to delivering a positive experience and exceptional designs and outcomes for their clients.
As a Civil Engineer your role will include:
- Design of drainage, service, road infrastructure and earthworks on a broad range of projects that include industrial, commercial, residential, retail, health and leisure developments.
- Preparation of associated drawings from concept stage through to construction.
- Preparation of Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements and Service Strategy Reports as well as design of Sustainable Urban Drainage Systems from concept stage through to implementation.
- Design and detailing of works associated with highway (s.278, s.38, etc.) and drainage agreements (s.104, s.185, etc) as well as other relevant consents / permits and negotiation of technical approvals.
- Site audits and feasibility assessments.
- Growing civil engineering expertise as well as maintaining and developing Client relationships.
- Management, leadership, support and coaching of other team members in undertaking technical work and report writing
Skills and experience
- Experience writing reports such as Flood Risk Assessments, Drainage Statements, etc.
- Experience preparing drawings using AutoCAD.
- Experience carrying out design of foul and surface water drainage systems.
- High standard of written and oral communication
- Able to work both independently and as part of a team in various disciplines and types of projects
- working knowledge of S278, S38 and S106.
- 2-3yrs experience working with a design consultancy producing drainage designs, FRA, or SuDS
- Good use of Civils 3D, micro-drainage or PDS
What is on offer
- £32000 -£36000 per annum
- Discretionary annual bonus
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Matched pension
- Private healthcar
To apply please send a CV to Kenny at [email protected]