Building Services Engineer
Building Services Project Engineer
A Building Services Project Engineer is needed at leading services contractor in the Northamptonshire and Cambrideshire regions.
The Building Services Project Engineer will:
• Input at tender / cost planning stage including evaluating M&E Consultants specifications and tender drawings
• Prepare tender lists for specialist sub-contractors and major plant / equipment
• Analyse bids and quotations for specification compliance
• Raise technical queries RFI's
• Delivery of Construction issue co-ordinated working drawings to programme
• Checking and sign off of Co-ordinated working drawings for compliance, maintainability and commissionabilty prior to issue
• Delivery of plant and equipment to meet programme (incl factory witness testing)
• Raise and agree technical submissions
• Management of design team to meet their obligations (organising / chairing design workshops)
• Liaison with Construction team members (incl site inspections)
• Manage expectations for MEP in relation to programme input.
• Liaison with sub-contractors and suppliers to ensure order completeness, spec compliance and interface with electrical and construction elements
• Management of CDP Specialists such as Sprinklers, BMS etc
• Engineering of Contractors responsibilities such as fan / pump sizing, bracketry, expansion etc
• Preparation and monitoring of Client and design changes
Who are we looking for in a Building Services Project Engineer role?
• Demonstrable experience within a similar role
• Minimum relevant qualification to HNC, HND level
• Good communication skills (oral and written) with the ability to communicate at all levels
• Works well within a team environment with good interpersonal and communication skills
• Excellent IT skills and experience is using Microsoft Office
• Dynamic and ambitious
• Ability to plan own work, using own initiative, with a can-do and willing attitude.
Salary for Building Services Project Engineer negotiable within reason.