BIM Coordinator – Central London – Permanent – up to £40K + Fantastic Benefits
Fantastic position has become available for an experienced BIM Coordinator to join a global design consultancy in London.
Our client is an established international consultancy who deliver projects with an integrated construction and design mindset. They leverage their knowledge, technology and commitment of ownership to deliver safe, innovative and quality projects.
Due to a rapid increase in their workload, we currently require a BIM Coordinator to join their growing team in London.
Our clients main project focus is data centers and telecommunications facilities but they also work on a variety of other facilities including pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare, manufacturing, airports, or institutional.
The BIM 3D Coordinator role is to produce 2D layouts and 3D modelling of MEP services to coordinate with all building elements. The BIM coordinator is required to assist the technical teams of Designers, Engineers and Architects to create precision 3D modelling of design layouts and schematics on multiple projects. Some Mission Critical experience is desired. Liaising with external modelling teams is also requirement of this role.
- Build new models from concept design and revise existing engineering drawings of basic components from specific sketches or layouts
- Responsible for adhering to company and client drafting and modelling standards and procedures
- Responsible for adhering to the drafting and modelling practices of selected discipline
- Assist in coordination design and documentation for multiple discipline services projects
- Assist with tasks utilizing standard drafting detail programs
- Assist in continuous drafting and modelling detail improvement efforts
- Research solutions to project concerns and present solutions to design problems
- Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by managers
- All other duties, as assigned
- Degree or Diploma in Mechanical or Electrical Services or specialized 3D Revit and AutoCAD certification and two years of experience or four years of progressive BIM coordination experience
- Excellent knowledge and experience of 3D design using Revit and 2D using AutoCAD
- Able to run clash detection analysis. Solve multi-service coordination problems AutoCAD program; ability to use higher-level commands, time saving programs and routines
- Excellent knowledge and experience in multiple CAD systems preferred (including 3D and BIM)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Ability to work in collaborative team environment
- Good knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
- Good understanding of using Microsoft Teams and Zoom for calls. Present layouts and models on the team communication platforms
- Driven, Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field
- Ability to meet deadlines and budget
For more information regarding the above role, please contact Stephen Tiigah – [email protected]