Assistant Technical Manager – Worcester
Assistant Technical Services Manager
Mon – Fri
08:00 – 17:00
Currently working alongside a building services contract recruiting for an Assistant Technical Services Manager to be based on a PFI contract in Worcester. This is a permanent full-time role working 37.5 hours per week with shift allowance available for on call / call out. On offer is a competitive salary of £36,000 plus benefits package.
The successful candidate will assist the Technical Services Manager in the delivery of a high-quality maintenance service. The role will also include assisting in the operation, repair and maintenance of building fabric and engineering services while working within a multi-disciplinary hard service team environment.
- Responsible for specific elements of budgetary control and give additional assistance with financial controls with reference to departmental budgetary control, stock, contracts etc.
- Assist in the production of condition surveys and subsequent action plans in a timely manner allowing milestone targets and goals to be achieved.
- Plan and schedule all planned preventative maintenance activities in conjunction with the technical administrator for buildings, plant and equipment using the Maximo system or other works management system
- Contribute to ensure that plant and equipment data and information is delivered in an accurate and timely manner to enable Lifecycle Planning to be developed.
- Assist the Technical Services Manager to undertake negotiations with subcontractors and suppliers to provide a cost-effective service with reference to the contract SLA’s.
- Electrical or Mechanical Qualifications to Level 3 standard or equivalent
- Commercial Maintenance Experience (PFI preferred)
- Able to demonstrate a sound understanding of technical and estates and building issues in the provision of construction, maintenance and FM services
- A sound knowledge of the Health and Safety at Work Act, the Construction Design and Management Regulations and other relevant statutory requirements will be required.
- Experience with Safe Systems of Work
- Experience leading a maintenance team of 4-5 engineers
- Experience Managing Contractors
- HV / LV Experience (Previously Held Tickets)
- Strong IT Skills
- Pension Scheme
- 24 days annual leave (+ public holidays)
- Life Cover equivalent to 1x times annual salary
- 24/7 Employee Assistance Program
- Employee discount shopping schemes on major brands and retailers
- Gym membership discounts
- Cycle to work scheme
If you are interested please apply ASAP as the client is keen to start interviews in the coming week.