EMCOR UK has launched ‘Vision 10’ – a framework for leaders to reassess and reinvent effective, people-centric and sustainable workplace strategies and cultures, addressing current and future challenges and opportunities.
Vision 10 is designed as a catalyst to determine how EMCOR UK can work together with its customers to create value in organisations, offices and workplaces across the UK and to underline the need for rapid review and action taking.
The Vision 10 framework has been created by experts from across the EMCOR UK business and includes 10 factors that all leaders can use to test and elevate their workplace strategies.
- Come Back With Confidence – assessing the function of workplaces and accommodating new needs following a shift in working and living habits over the last year.
- Transformative Workplaces – redesigning workplaces to suit new hybrid ways of working, making workplaces desirable and optimising space.
- People First – understanding and responding to real human needs, ensuring that workplaces are adequately designed for the benefit of those who use them.
- Positively Safe & Secure – prioritising safety in the workplace and embedding good health and safety awareness into corporate culture.
- Inclusive Environments – creating high performance, inclusive workplaces that reflect the potential and diversity of their people.
- Proactive Social Impacts – reimagining the role of the workplace to ensure positive impact on the local community and contributing to social value needs.
- Boosting Productivity – redefining how workplaces generate performance and operational efficiency gain and resetting productivity through connected workplace environments, technology, advanced asset management and hybrid working models.
- Digital Optimisation – reassessing how to create value through technology, connectivity and data in the fast-changing world of hybrid, remote and co-located workplaces.
- Sustainability in the DNA – placing sustainability at the heart of every business decision and creating long term sustainable impacts.
- Resilience & Agility – anticipating future risks to the workplace and building a resilient and agile workplace strategy.
Keith Chanter, CEO of EMCOR UK, said: “We believe now is the time that we all have a unique opportunity to pause, reset and fast forward in a new direction and, from conversations with leaders across our industry, we know this is a shared belief.
“The immediate operational need to get people back to workplaces safely and securely must be balanced with the longer-term imperative of sustainability. Now is the opportunity to reframe and reconsider what our workplaces can be and how, through our people and our work, we can contribute to a better world.
“Our philosophy is simple: pause to take stock, reset and reimagine what your organisation could become; then act decisively to create a new vibrant and flexible future of work.
“We are committed to building A Better World at Work and want to deliver a new generation of workplace and facilities management built on true collaboration but we cannot do it alone and believe that leaders, governments, corporates and individuals must work together to shape the future of working and to create a sustainable planet for future generations. “