Churchill Group’s specialist security arm, Amulet has launched a new Temp & Vacant service to support businesses that have temporary and vacant properties – an existing problem that has been exacerbated by the pandemic.
When the first work from home order was given in March 2020, thousands of properties became vacant overnight. Last June commercial office space had a vacancy rate of 4.5 percent, and a Centre for London report found that one in seven shops were unoccupied at the end of 2020. These figures may fluctuate as restrictions ease, but it’s highly likely with a new way of work that many properties that were formerly occupied will remain vacant or only be used on a temporary basis.
Amulet’s new nationwide service will provide 24/7, 365 security solutions service which address the security challenge posed by temporarily occupied and vacant space. Some of the key risks are vandalism, burglary, and fires.
Darren Read, Managing Director at Amulet, said: “Temporarily occupied and vacant buildings present a different set of security challenges to a typical building. We have created a service that addresses those challenges, is flexible, and can be rolled out at very short notice. We’re confident that our range of solutions will meet the needs of the market and are excited to launch this comprehensive new service.’’
The range of Amulet solutions includes:
- On-site security provided by highly trained professionals
- Canine services for an additional layer of security and strong visual deterrent
- Mobile patrol visits for random checks and rapid response
- Vacant property security and inspections
- Perimeter protection, such as emergency fencing and razor wire
- Standalone video verification alarm systems that don’t require a power supply
- Rapid deployment CCTV solutions
- Temporary fire alarm systems
- Steel doors and screens for secure boarding
- Anti-loitering sound devices to prevent loitering
- Emergency lighting
- Security landscaping
- Eviction support
Amulet will also offer emergency deep cleaning and pest control for when a vacant property needs to be reoccupied at short notice.
The service will be backed by Amulet’s Command, Control and Intelligence Centre (CCIC). Key features of the CCIC include intelligent monitoring and reporting, a 24/7 major incident response capability, lone worker protection and twin-layer backup resilience.